Google Search

Google
 

Friday, May 4, 2007

Why Blog?

First Question: Why Blog?
As we move through this MAJOR decision with MAJOR work to accomplish, my best friend Jen suggested I journal. Having never been a journaler (is that a word?) I wasn't sure I would follow through. Besides, I am not a big one on immediate self-reflection. More of a hit in the head every so often when someone close to me dies or I start trying to clean up my "memory box" of newspaper clippings, old id's, resumes, and a paper napkin folded into a flower given to me at prom kinda gal.
Who would want to read it anyway. Then she said something else...."and send it to me." Ah, so now I have an audience. Okay. But if I do this, I might as well try that crazy new fad that's sweeping the nation. I refer to blogging. After a little cyber lurking on other peoples blogs (again, I've always been one of those readers, not posters) and feeling slightly embarrassed, old and not that swift (just passed 35 and retired as an engineer to stay at home with the kiddies) that so many so much older have figured out this thing, that I decided I had to give it a try.
Here goes. Hope I don't burn out too fast. Must write ten entries before I share with anyone!
I think that's fair, don't you?

No comments: