Google Search

Google
 

Saturday, June 16, 2007

How do you know what you want?

I have been listening to Into the Woods. Really good stuff. Sondheim is so clever. It makes me feel a little smart just to realize how clever he is, and how far I am from being that clever. But a particular lyric really hit home. Especially as we keep telling old friends the plan to such mixed reactions. We get everything from "Really?" to "Are you crazy?" to "I don't blame you a bit."

So here's the line:

Cinderella: "How do you know what you want, 'till you get what you want and you see if you like it?"

Guess we won't know for sure until we get there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a bit partial to the Rolling Stones and their line

"You can't always get what you want."

jen poco loco said...

"But if you try sometimes - you just might find - you get what you need."