Google Search

Google
 

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Semana Santa Procession for Good Friday

Sometimes I forget that this is a Catholic country. A Latin Catholic country. I was raised Roman Catholic in upstate New York. But that was english/irish Roman Catholic. We didn't do this kind of stuff.


It reminds me of The Godfather. It surprised me how nice this was. It made me feel religious again. And boy did the smell of incense bring me back.

We went to Santa Ana for the afternoon procession. It was scheduled at 5:00 pm. We got there about 5:30, perfectly timed for a Costa Rican event. We were there just in time for the outside procession.

In a glassed in casket, is a statue of Jesus.

And three statues (Mary in the middle).

These get carried through the streets and the faithful follow. We followed the procession for a few blocks, however we were not sure where it would go, it was getting dark and we needed to get home.

All in all a wonderful experience.

So Happy Easter.

3 comments:

joyceyoj said...

marvelous photos especially the last one. seeing those pictures and having read some info on Costa Rica HQ it is definely a great tourist place to visit.

Kathryn said...

Those are great pics. I've seen those processions on tv, and always wanted to participate in one. It looks amazing.
Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

archana kumari said...

Good informative blog and great pictures.I have done quite a bit of research on Costa rica on google and found a wealth of information on Costa Rica hq .Its a much visit place for some real life experiences.